Friday, September 10, 2010

Elspeth's 2nd Birthday

Summer wanted a healthy cake for Elsie's birthday party. Before we went to the Olive Garden for the birthday dinner I baked the cakes in my fluted round tart pans. When the cakes were cool I filled them with a mousse whipped from a package of cheesecake Jello pudding mix, an envelope of Dreamwhip and 1 1/2 cups milk. After dinner Matt stopped at Costco to get the fruit sorbets and I went home and decorated the cakes with fresh fruit.

"Mommy, come and help me blow out the candle!"

Oops! The candle fell over!
No problem. The candle was still buring so Summer righted it and Elsie was able to blow it out (with a little help from Mommy and Daddy!)Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Willow said...

Elspeth is such a doll! I can't believe she is getting so big. I'm jealous that I wasn't able to be there to try that wonderful birthday "cake". The fruit looks so good. You did an amazing job. Will you send me one for my birthday?