Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Tilapia

So, I did not follow Eat for Health today. I bought tilapia with every intention of following the EfH recipe, but when I went to make the fish I could not find my EfH book!

I decided to fix the tilapia anyways. First I sprayed each piece of fish lightly with PAM. Then I dredged it in a combination of flour, whole wheat bread crumbs (I made some toast and put it in the food processor), and a mix of Cajun spices, salt and pepper. After each piece of tilapia was coated in the flour mixture, I pan fried them with a small bit of oil, 3-4 minutes each side. I placed each fish fillet in a 300 degree oven to keep warm as I made the next one. At the very end I combined some butter, garlic, parsley and fresh squeezed lemon juice on the stove and poured it over the fish. I made 4 tilapia filets so that we would have leftovers for tomorrow's lunch. We ate it with some brown rice and fruit on the side.

It was soooo yummy! Andrew declared that it was the best fish I have ever made. I'm not quite sure about that, but it was tasty. I'll have to buy some more fish now.

No comments: