Sunday, July 25, 2010

Ratatouille

We decided to invite another couple over for dinner because this dish made so much. Even after cutting the recipe in half we were afraid that there would be too much.

Dana and Mark Poling came over to our apartment shortly after church, but the food was not ready. Everyone sat around for a bit while I finished sauteing all the veggies before they went into the oven. We played some games and then a few more. When the food was done we were all starving. We had the ratatouille over brown rice. I think the rice made it a lot better than it would have been on it's own. Dana and Mark enjoyed it so much that they had 3 servings each! Andrew didn't like it very much. He said that everything seemed mushy. Between the four of us we ate it all. I couldn't tell if it really was THAT good or if we were all THAT hungry. Mark said that he would gladly replace the typical Sunday Roast, Carrots and Potatoes with Sunday Ratatouille.

In the end, I really enjoyed it, but Andrew did not. This might be something we eat with the Polings again, but I'm not going to go to all the trouble of fixing this again for just Andrew and me. I don't think I could eat that much Ratatouille by myself.

1 comment:

thomjane said...

Wow. Your picture looks so much better than mine! Good job!