Monday, July 26, 2010

Potatoes Anna


Another Eat Clean recipe today. I had Russet and sweet potatoes on hand, so I used both in the dish. Unfortunately I don't have a very good concept of time, so the bottom (that became the top after it was cooked) burned around the edges. I used the food processor to slice the potatoes for me, so the only part that took a lot of time was the layering.

I put the pan on the stove, turned on the burner, and started layering potato slices in a pretty spiral pattern. This took longer than I thought it would. The perfectionist in me took over. By the end of the first layer the pan was very hot and the potatoes had started down their path of eventual charring. After 4 layers of potatoes and 3 layers of onions I was tired of layering. The potatoes smelled good and tasted decent, however Andrew decided not to eat them. He saw me make it and told me that there were too many onions. I actually cut the amount of onion down! Anywho, the potatoes tasted a bit strong on the rosemary and were way too labor intensive for my taste. Either I have to learn to leave my OCD at the kitchen door or I need to find a way to make these potatoes tastier if I'm going to make this again.

No comments: