Sunday, August 01, 2010

Green Beans with Gado Gado Sauce

Love this! Andrew thought that this was a great dinner. He loved the flavors in the Gado Gado sauce, but he told me that the green beans were too crunchy and the sauce was a bit bland. I agree with him completely about the green beans. I didn't steam them long enough. I really enjoyed this and I will definitely make it again. The recipe was fairly simple. The sauce was quick to make and it all came together really well. There was enough left over for my lunch tomorrow. Maybe the beans wont be as crunchy after a night in the fridge.

1 comment:

thomjane said...

When I steamed the green beans I thought they were overdone because I cooked them longer than the recipe said. They were still bright green, but not as crunchy. We ended up liking it better that way. I know what you mean about the sauce. It was really good but it felt like something was missing. (Welcome and beautiful picture, btw)