Tuesday, July 20, 2010

African Potatoes and Beans


Willow and I are going to try recipes from the "Eat Clean" cookbook by Tosca Reno over the next week. I decided to get an early start.
Tosca suggests serving this dish with chicken, but that it can stand as a meal by itself. I served it as a main dish with a green salad.
I made a few small changes. I didn't have any celery on hand so I excluded it. I added black beans for the extra beans and didn't add any salt or pumpkin seeds.
I had mixed feelings about this dish. It seemed like it should be moist, but the sweet potatoes seemed dry. Another time I might try the orange variety of sweet potatoes. They seem to be a little moister. Other than that it had a nice flavor. Mark liked it and said he would like to have it again sometime.

No comments: