Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Mexican Pinto Beans and Brown Rice

I love cooking a new recipe every night. It's like an adventure every day. This dish was quick and easy to make. After the last two nights I was ready for something easy. I didn't have any pinto beans, so this became Red Beans and Rice. The whole apartment smelled yummy as it simmered on the stove. We couldn't wait to eat it. Thinking back, I should have de-seeded the chipotle peppers before I added them to the pot. After one bite my lips were on fire. Andrew decided not to eat it. We are having a Mexican themed luncheon on Thursday. I think I'll make this again tomorrow to take to work, just not as spicy!

1 comment:

thomjane said...

Again, a beautiful picture! I really liked this dish and can't wait to try it again with the chipotle peppers.